1. Acknowledgement and acceptance of terms
America’s Foundation for Chess (AF4C)/First Move is committed to protecting your privacy. This Privacy Statement sets forth our current privacy practices with regard to the information collected when you or your computer interacts with our website. AF4C/First Move reserves the right to revise this Agreement at any time for any reason.
2. Participating Merchant Policies
The Website offers links to other websites, including vendor sites. Since AF4C/First Move does not have control over the policies or practices of participating merchants and other third parties, AF4C/First Move does not assume any responsibility for the privacy practices or contents of those sites. We recommend and encourage you to always review the privacy policies of merchants and other third parties before you provide any personal information or complete any transaction with such parties.
3. Information We Collect and How We Use It
AF4C uses Google Analytics to collect data from our website. This data comes from the following three sources:
- The HTTP request of the user
- Browser/system information
- First-party Cookies
Web Server Logs
Website, AF4C/First Move may track information to administer the site and analyze its usage. Examples of information AF4C/First Move may track include:
- Your Internet protocol address.
- The kind of browser or computer you use.
- Number of links you click within the site.
- State or country from which you accessed the Website or the location of the servers from which you access the Website.
- Date and time of your visit.
- Name of your Internet service provider.
- Web page you linked to our site from.
- Pages you viewed on the site.
4. Accessing Web Account Information
AF4C/First Move will provide you with the means to ensure that personally identifiable information in your web account file is correct and current. You may review this information by logging in and viewing your user profile.
5. Security Policy
AF4C/First Move uses Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) software to protect your personal information. SSL software is the industry standard and among the best software available today for secure commerce transactions. It encrypts all of your personal information, including name and address, so that it cannot be read over the internet.
6. Changes to this Statement
AF4C/First Move has the discretion to occasionally update this Agreement. You are encouraged to periodically review this Agreement to stay informed. Your continued use of the service constitutes your agreement to this Agreement and any updates.
7. Limitations of Liability
AF4C/First Move liability is limited to the amount you paid for services received from AF4C/First Move. You expressly understand and agree that AF4C/First Move and its subsidiaries, affiliates, officers, employees, agents, and partners shall not be liable to you for any damages above the amount you paid for services. You expressly agree that you are not entitled to seek damages for loss of profits, goodwill, use, data or other intangible losses, resulting from the use or the inability to use the service or any other matter relating to the service. You understand that the service is offered “as is” and “as available.”
8. Communication from First Move
AF4C/First Move reserves the right to send you information over email which could include service announcements, promotions, information relating to your subscription, new feature announcements, news, or other information. These communications may revise your engagement with First Move.
9. Code of Conduct
By using the website, you agree to follow AF4C/First Move’s online Code of Conduct. Any failure to adhere to the Code of Conduct may result in immediate termination of your AF4C/First Move account. AF4C/First Move Code of Conduct:
- You agree not alter the AF4C/First Move website in any way including the manipulation or alteration of the site or its content.
- You agree not to use any account other than your own.
- You agree not to interfere with the delivery of the AF4C/First Move service in any way.
- You agree not to use the site for any act prohibited by law.
- You agree not to defame, abuse, harass, use offensive language, threaten, or otherwise cause harm to AF4C/First Move employees, officers, customers, or others using First Move services.
- You agree not to upload content to the site.
- You will not take or use any of AF4C/First Move materials, videos, training material, or other intellectual property for any purpose other than for use at registered locations.
10. Site Content
AF4C/First Move has developed, at significant cost, all site data, content, videos, exercises, games, training materials, coaching materials, curriculum content, business processes, trade secrets, client lists, student lists, client information, and many other materials that are not generally known to the public (referred to Confidential Information). You acknowledge and agree that Confidential Information is a valuable, special and unique asset of AF4C/First Move. You agree not to collect, take, record, or use content developed for AF4C/First Move unless for use on a registered location.